S E C O N D A R Y / M A R K E T / S A L E S
Trying to find a sold out print of mine? Wanting to sell a sold out print of mine?
I decided to launch this introducer facility because I regularly receive emails asking me if I know where collectors can buy a print that is sold out i.e. if I know of anyone wanting to sell their copy. This happens quite a lot for the I've Been Bad (gone rogue) print and the The Closet (We've All Got Things To Hide) print. I started keeping a list of people interested in The Closet and thought perhaps it would be best for me to formalise this.
In a nutshell, it works as follows:
- If you are the owner of a piece looking to sell it, or someone looking to buy a sold out piece, drop me a line via the form below.
- I, Rebecca, will introduce buyers and sellers as and when demand/supply arise.
- buyer and seller then discuss, include sharing photos and descriptions on conditions and damage etc (if there is any), provide receipts/proof of original purchase (Rebecca can also check this) agree a price and a postage and packing charge. Rebecca to be copied on final terms agreement.
- payment is made between Buyer and Seller using Paypal. This is so that the transaction can benefit from Paypal protection, in the event the buyer is not happy with the item received, or it goes missing in the post etc. Rebecca Mason is not responsible for any discrepancies or for acting as intermediary in any disagreements and therefore Paypal must be used so that any issues can be handled via their platform without the need for Rebecca's involvement. Rebecca's role is solely as introducer and takes no responsibility for Buyer, Seller or condition of the piece nor items missing or damaged in transit.
- Rebecca will take a cut of 10% of the agreed sale price.
- Seller is to post the item directly to the buyer via a recorded, signed for and insured service (e.g. Use Parcelforce48, or your preferred delivery company provided it is tracked and insured). SELLER MUST TAKE PHOTOS OF THE PIECE PRIOR TO PACKAGING so any condition issues are clear. Likewise, seller must use packaging that is sufficiently robust to avoid damage to the print in transit.
- Buyer to confirm receipt. Once confirmed, Rebecca will invoice seller for 10% introductory commission, to be paid within 14 calendar days (a web payment link will be sent).
The benefit to the buyer is that they know the item is genuine - I keep a record of all buyers for each number of an edition (or if a gallery sold a piece, which gallery sold which number) so it is fairly easy for me to check the provenance.
Saves searching on eBay - you'll be notified as and when I become aware of a match.